Help design the new Imagination Station Treehouse! Create your design for the new Imagination Station Treehouse, and you could be selected as the winning designer for the new component. You will then see your design come to life during Imagination Station build week in early October 2018.
- Judges will be looking for creativity, originality and incorporating ideas for different ages and disabilities.
- Students must be in Young 5s through 6th grade. One design submission per student.
- The contest begins on Monday, April 16, 2018.
- The contest ends on Monday, May 14, 2018.
- The designer with the winning drawing will be contacted the week of May 21, 2018.
How to Enter:
- Draw what you would like the new treehouse to look like on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Get creative! Use markers, colored pencils, and whatever you need to bring your design to life.
- Please label features on your design.
- Complete the form below and include it with your design to the Loutit Library Children’s section.
Frequent Questions & Answers
About the Challenge
- What is the Imagination Station Tree House Challenge?
The Imagination Station Tree House Challenge is an opportunity for kids to create a part of the new Imagination Station. The design will come to life during build week in early October 2018.
- Why is the Reimagine Committee doing this challenge?
The new Imagination Station is designed for kids, by kids. Last fall, many students participated in Design Days to recreate Imagination Station. The designs were such a success, we wanted to include more ideas from children in the area.
- Can I see what the current redesign looks like?
Yes! Check here to view the new plans for the Imagination Station are.
- What do I win?
The creator of the chosen design will be contacted and will get to see their design come to life during build week in early October.
Judging and Selection Process
- How is the contest judged?
Judges will be looking for creativity, originality and how the design incorporates accessibility for wheelchairs. Designs must be labeled and form must be filled out including a description of “Why would kids have fun playing in your tree house?”
- Who are the judges?
Members of the Imagination Station steering committee are the judges.
- What is the voting process?
Once the entry period is closed and the judges have narrowed the field to the 5 best designs, the community will be invited to vote online on this page. Help spread the word for your favorite design by sharing them with your friends and family.
- How do I get started?
If you haven’t received a Design Challenge form from your teacher or Loutit Library, you can print one out her. The challenge starts Monday, April 16, 2018. Following the instructions on the form and return to Loutit Library by, Monday, May 14, 2018
- Who can submit a design?
Elementary students (5-11 years old).
- What happens if two designs are entered from the same student?
We can only accept one design per student. If we receive two entries from the same student, we will accept the design that was received first. Any other entries from the same student will be disqualified.
- Do you accept group entries?
We do not accept designs that have been created by more than one student. Each design should be created by only one student.
- What materials can be used for the design?
Markers, colored pencils, paint, pencil, pen, crayons…you get the picture.
- Can I draw directly on the entry form?
No. Please use a separate piece of paper (8.5x11) for your design and staple it to your Design Challenge form.
- Can I enter the contest online?
No. Please bring your form and design to the Loutit Library Children’s section.
Please take a look at these ideas that have been created for similar playspaces throughout the country. Be creative! These are only a few ideas!